Stories from life at the Smith House

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Girls day out

Emmy and I had a date on Sunday, we went out to eat and then went shopping, just us two. We went to get school clothes, since she is starting mother's day out (practice school as we call it) after all. We got some new shoes, and a few outfits plus she picked out her backpack and lunch kit. Littlest Pet Shop of course, although it was a tough choice for her between that and Tinkerbell. When we got home, she wanted to put on a fashion show for her Dad and brothers.

We went swimming between when we got home from shopping and the fashion show, hence the hair-do. Hahaha.



She picked this next one out all by herself. She picked up the shirt, examined it and said "OH MY GOSH! This shirt is one one dot nine nine dollars! I can't pay for that!" Uh, hello. Like you're paying. I said "it's twelve dollars Em, I think we can handle that if you want it."

She really doesn't look as doofy in this outfit as the picture suggests. She was being silly with her pose. She was all over this one because it had a purse to match. Girls are fun. :)

So she's all set. We'll say that this is her first school experience. Last years three days total hardly counts. I'm way less hormonal than the last time I tried putting her in, so I bet it goes much better this time around. Plus she HAS to go, she starts kindergarten next year! Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :(