Stories from life at the Smith House

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another afternoon at the beach

I don't know why we didn't start doing this earlier in the summer. It takes a whole 40 minutes to get there, perfect for an afternoon getaway. At least we still have 3 weeks left.


Jacob and Jonah were trying to get another hermit crab collection going, but Caleb had other ideas. He was throwing them back out as fast as they were getting them.


Things aren't looking too good for Jonah in this picture, are they?


Possibly the smallest crab I've ever seen.


Caleb demonstrating how NOT to drink Kool Aid.


Daddy and his mini me.


An actual beach bum. Get it? Beach bum? Ha! Okay, I'll stop now.


This is what happens to his cute red hair when it's hot and humid outside. I realize that he's looking a bit like a hippie but I can't cut the curls off, I just can't.

Some beach life:


Snatching a Frito right out of the air:
I just love the beach, even our chocolate water one.

No comments: