Stories from life at the Smith House

Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's finally happened

Jonah has finally made it to the top of the growth chart. He was born an inch smaller than Jacob and about a pound and a half lighter, and up until now it's stayed that way. Jacob is NOT impressed, by the way. It would NOT be good to point it out. Just a friendly public service announcement.
.................
I use the inside of a doorway to mark and while I'll admit that it's not very neat at least I've always been able to read it. None of them have messed with it, then along came Caleb. The top half of the chart looks alright, the bottom, well...it looks like this:


I should have made sure that he wasn't watching while I was marking the other kids. It's a good thing I wrote it all down recently. Sheesh. The kid makes me tired.
........
The kids have all had considerable growth spurts over the summer. Jacob and Jonah not so much weight wise (I don't think they ever gain, must be nice) but everybody has grown at least an inch since May. Time for new jeans!

1 comment:

Lea Holcomb said...

So nice to have a constant wall to mark them on....jealous!