Stories from life at the Smith House

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Camp Urland

Basil left Saturday morning with Jacob and Jonah to spend the night at Camp Urland in Woodville. I sent the camera and he did a fabulous job with pictures! Here are some that he took:


Building a tee pee:
One of the main reasons I don't camp:

Getting their Tarzan on:

Doing something at a flag ceremony:

Mornin' sunshine!
Eating breakfast with friends before heading home:


They had a great time! Jacob found a black widow within 15 minutes of their arrival. Basil killed it and they brought it home, it's in a Ziplock bag ready for Jacob to take to show and tell on Friday. They were supposed to head up Friday afternoon but due to playoff football they waited until Saturday morning. There's another camp like this one in the spring sometime and they want to go again. I'm sure I'll end up going camping SOME DAY, but I'll be happy to put it off for as long as I can. ;)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great pix! Baz did a great job! Looks like they had a blast!

Shari said...

You published this in the wrong month, right? I refuse to accept that somewhere out there, t-shirts and green grass are still part of daily life.