Stories from life at the Smith House

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Heritage Festival 2010

The kids and their Becca. She spent the night one night and they all thought it was the best thing. We had fun.
He spent a ridiculous amount of time with the pigs.
The goats waiting their turn to text a shout out to their homies when Becca's done.

This next set of pictures is titled "what not to do in a petting zoo." Jacob DECIDED to sit down with his ice cream cone full of whatever it is that they feed the animals. They got curious and went to check it out.
So I did what any good mother does when her child is getting trampled by petting zoo animals. I watched, took pictures and hoped for the best.


You can just barely see his leg in this picture, they had him totally covered. He was fine though, he didn't actually get walked on, just crowded around. He did lose his cone of seed though. Speaking of cones, I don't have any pictures of Caleb in the petting zoo because he insisted on holding his own cone and immediately got attacked by one of the enthusiastic goats. It knocked him down and took his cone. He cried, and cried, and cried. Then he started screaming "EYE SUREEN CONE! EYE SUREEN CONE!" He obviously thought the "ice cream cone" was for him and did not appreciate the goat stealing it.

Okay let me explain this one. I was really trying to casually take a picture of that guy behind Jacob. He was probably in his 70's and looked like he stepped straight out of Saturday Night Fever. He had a white one piece zip up suit thing on and had it unzipped halfway down his hairy chest. I started singing Night Fever when he passed, I couldn't help it. I'm not sure what Jacob was doing in the picture, it just makes it that much more weird.
We still have one day left of the Festival and I'm pooped out. My kid self would be shocked to see adult me actually tired of going out there. It's a different experience as an adult but then, isn't everything?

No comments: