Stories from life at the Smith House

Thursday, September 9, 2010

This and that

I know, I'm a horrible blogger. Between homework, dance, karate, CCD, playing with Caleb, PTA and planning a baby shower, I don't have a whole lot of time (or energy) left. Haha. Believe it or not, I haven't really been taking many pictures. Shocking, I know, but true. ;)
........................
Jacob and Jonah started karate and they seem to like it. Jonah had some trouble last week and had to do 25 push ups, suffice it to say that I think he'll remember to say "yes sir" instead of "yeah" next time he's asked a question. That and he's learning to pay attention even though "sometimes his eyes just need to look out the window" when people are talking. Jacob liked it from the start, Jonah is taking some convincing. They got their belts at the last lesson and will be able to start earning stripes now. They hate school, they told me the other day that it's ruining their lives. I'm so mean for making them go. @@ <------ That's me rolling my eyes. Sheesh. They're coming home and getting homework done right away though, so that's nice.
...............................
Emmy is still positive about school which makes things easy. She's always been a very agreeable child, I hope that lasts a while longer. She started regular dance this week and she started Whimsical practice about a month ago. She's so excited to be a part of the cast this year. She was told the other day that she'll have to learn 5 dances to be a Who and her teacher said that she replied "oh my goodness." She'll get it though. The cast list was posted this past weekend and even though we mostly knew what she'd be doing she still wanted to go look. She's in a tap number too, we didn't know she'd be doing that. Here she is looking for her name on the list:

Found it!

Caleb doesn't seem to be missing the other three at all while they're in school. He did tell me yesterday that it was "time to go get the chuldrin at school" but mostly he seems content having the house to himself. He talks nonstop, and tells complete strangers what trains he wants for his birthday. He talks about his birthday every day. The big news in CalebLand is that he's mostly potty trained!! He even tells me when he needs to go when we're out and about. He still needs a diaper at night, but I'll take that over the daytime ones any day!! Now we need to work on this:

I know, he's almost three, blah blah blah. He only has one when he goes to sleep and they're only little once. He won't go to school still drinking it. Probably. His "ba ba" and "blue-bay" go hand in hand. It'd be traumatic to split them up! ;)

So that's it in a nutshell! Hopefully it won't be so long till the next blog post, but I can't promise anything. I need to get a picture of Jacob and Jonah in their karate stuff and post that .
.....................
Till next time!


No comments: