We're sitting at the dinner table tonight, having a nice pleasant conversation about the days events and Jacob says "Jonah told Gavin not to play with Emmy because she smells like gorilla fur." I worked REALLY hard to compose myself and then I went on about how horrible it is to say things like that about people, and how he should be ashamed of himself, blah blah blah. Jonah says "yeah, well, Jacob wrote it on a piece of paper at school!!" I said "you're telling everybody at school that your sister smells like gorilla fur?! SHE HAS TO GO TO THAT SCHOOL NEXT YEAR!" I went on for 15 or so minutes about how they should think of how it makes people feel to say bad things about them, so on and so forth. I kept on until they cried, which is when I know that I've gotten my point across. Mean, yes, but effective. We got to that point by me saying "how about I walk you in to your class tomorrow morning, stand there in front of everybody and tell them that y'all still wet the bed at night." You could just see the terror in their faces. They said "BUT WE DON'T MOM! WE DON'T WET THE BED!" I said "no you sure don't, but what if I tell everybody that. How would that make you feel? Probably similar to how Emmy felt after she heard that you told people that she stinks!"
***********************
Mom - 1
Jacob and Jonah - 0
***********************
What happened to times like this:
Or this:
Or this:
How did we get to "gorilla fur?" Good Lord. Somebody tell me that it won't always be this way. They'll like her at some point, right?!!! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!



5 comments:
Nikki, the kids are adorable!!! i so enjoy reading your blog. you amaze me with all the things you do w/4 children. My hat is off to you. Margie Ambrose
bwahahaha, as bad as it was, you HAVE to give them credit for creativity - gorilla fur!
Are they still chummy with Caleb, with the bigger age difference?? (Please say yes.)
Would that gorilla fur be before, or after the poo has been flung?
I feel your pain Emmy!! :P
Their choice of descriptive words is great! It sounds like something their mom or Gamaw would come up with! Lea
Post a Comment