Stories from life at the Smith House

Monday, June 1, 2009

Tiger Cubs no more


Say hello to Pack 119's newest Wolf Cubs!


They had a little graduation ceremony tonight at the park. The boys got their Tiger Cub badges and also a Pinewood Derby patch. I've learned that the patches are really useless, you don't sew them onto the uniform. There are very few that you do actually. I think I'll sew them onto some fabric or something and find a nice way to display them in the boys' room.


Here they are getting their badge/patch:



The boys walked through this cute little trail and over a "fire" then got their faces painted in the graduation part. Each of the stripes symbolized something, I really wasn't paying attention unfortunately so I don't know what they symbolize. I was more concerned with Jacob and the frog he smuggled up there with him. See it in his hand in the above picture?



Proud new Wolf Cubs!

Checking out their new Wolf Cub handbooks:

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Man I remember my mom having to sew all my brownie patches on the sleeves of my uniform she hated it,and then in girl scouts she had to sew them on this sash thing that I had to wear all the time..I think the room idea is great Happy Summer.

Gamaw said...

Awww, how cute, they look so proud!