Stories from life at the Smith House

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A new adventure for Emmy

We met some friends at the park and Emmy decided that she wanted to try something new. She and Basil took a few spins up and down and then she was done. I told her before we left "you're going to fall. It's okay, it's not a big deal, you just have to get up and try again." She responded with a cheerful "okay!" and off we went.
It's all fun and games until...
somebody falls off and gets totally pissed off about it.
So that marked the end of the learning-to-ride-with-no-training-wheels session. We went to the park and played some after that.
This is one way to get across the monkey bars I suppose.
It's hot Mom! Frick! Do you have to bring the camera EVERYWHERE?!
When he learns to pedal, "hell on wheels" will accurately describe him, I think.
What's a visit to the park without catching a few frogs? Right after I took this picture, they found another huge one and stuffed him into the jar with the others. They were relocated to our house of course.
As if we don't have enough critters around here already.

No comments: