Stories from life at the Smith House

Friday, September 5, 2008

Vacation (I mean evacuation) pictures

Jacob said "Mom, you took us on an extra vacation and it isn't even summer anymore!" I'm so glad they enjoyed themselves, it sure was worth it to drive for 5+ hours to go to a Houston Chuck E Cheese's and swim in a nasty hotel pool. If we would have booked a better hotel (NEVER stay in a Super 8, just FYI) then we may could have stayed a few extra days and maybe hit Splashtown or the zoo. Next evacuation maybe. ;)

Jacob playing games (God bless Gamaw and her laptop)




Too much swimming. She sleeps with her eyes half open, it's a little freaky:



That's Bec down there with Caleb in the not so hot tub.

Caleb's first time at Chuck E Cheese's. (Ok so it's really not his first time, but I forgot the camera the other times so for future reference, it's his first. I'll never remember that I lied.)





We don't have this game/ride at the Beaumont CEC:


He was playing peek-a-boo with the plate, this is the first picture I have that shows his two cute little top teeth. (Nice picture taking Becca!!)



Jonah was pathetic on Sunday night. We'd been gone a whopping 24 hours and he was crying because he missed his daddy. I had to call Basil and let him talk to Jonah and that made things all better. When we got home Monday he ran in the house looking for him and was disappointed when he found out that Basil was at work. He came home not long afterwards though, and Jonah ran out the front door and met him in the driveway, it was cute. Ridiculous but really cute.


This is what the front of my car looked like when we got back. EWWWW! It was raining lovebugs!


2 comments:

Shari said...

Glad they had fun! It is great you could take the experience and make hte best of things, even if by accident. But my question is.... when did Caleb get so big??? What a cutie.

My sister, btw, also sleeps with her eyes open. ;)

Phlip said...

Cool pics! Albert & I were hot-tubbing in Austin after our marathon drive. :P