Stories from life at the Smith House

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fun at the Mardi Gras store

I had a few minutes to kill before it was time to get Jacob and Jonah from school so Emmy, Caleb and I went to check out some Mardi Gras stuff. They had TONS of beads, seriously almost every kind you can imagine. I started looking around and after spotting some parrot beads for Jacob, I was hoping I could find some pig ones for Jonah. They had every other animal but no pigs. Well they did have pig beads, but the pigs were humping and while he probably wouldn't have known what they were doing, I just couldn't see putting humping pig beads on my 7 year old. Emmy was browsing with me and she suddenly got all excited and said "OOOOOOH!! Jonah will just have a fit!!" She reached down into a bucket and picked up what appeared at first glance to be a big pig on a strand of beads. She said "oh, never mind. What is this Mom?"

They were boobs. Yes, boobie beads. I said "uuuuhhhhh, lets go to the other side of the store." and we quickly left before she could figure it out. I should have turned around when I saw the humping pigs. Anyway, we went to get the boys from school and ended up going back with a friend of ours and her two kids. We instructed the boys to stay out of the back corner of the store. Jacob picked the parrot beads like I knew he would, Emmy passed up a really cute ballerina strand of beads in favor of a weird long rainbow pineapple looking strand. Jonah was not impressed because they didn't have pig beads so he picked a big huge fluffy Mardi Gras boa instead. He totally looks like a pimp. While we were standing in line to pay, I heard Jacob, Jonah and their friend whispering and giggling "did you see those butt beads back there?" They obviously found the boob bucket. They listen so well.

So they're all ready for the parades this weekend. Lots of pictures to follow. ;)

No comments: