Stories from life at the Smith House

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sleepovers and a banquet

Jacob and Jonah had their first separate sleepovers this weekend. Jonah went to his (their) friend Gavin's house and Jacob had his (their) friend John over here. They haven't spent a night apart since we brought Jacob home from the NICU and Jonah had to stay a few extra days. I guess you can say that they still haven't spent a night apart since Jonah only made it until midnight at Gavin's house. Probably doesn't count. ;) He said that he got scared, but I bet if Jacob had been there it would have been fine. Jacob had fun with John, but we could tell that he was thinking of Jonah often. We'll try again in the near future, I think it's good for them.
********************************************
We had the Blue and Gold banquet for Cub Scouts tonight. We had this big long talk before we went about how other people were going to be getting trophies when they weren't, and how they should support their friends and not act like total jackasses. We didn't put it quite like that, but you know. We didn't want them to boo and be poor sports, sort of like they did at the Pinewood Derby. That would be a good example of the jackass scenario I wanted to avoid. So anyway, they got their Bobcat badge (I'd explain but I really don't know what the hell it means myself) and then we got a big surprise:

Trophies. WTF?! So much for my speech! It was pretty priceless to see the looks on their faces when their names were called. We obviously had no idea so it was a shock to us too.


Needless to say, they're WAY proud! They were proud of their Derby cars so they were excited to get some recognition, even if they didn't win the race. ;)


Here are a few more pictures from the evening:


Right after getting their Bobcat badge:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo proud for them, I know their smiles were priceless! Yeah for scouting! Love, Gamaw