Yesterday as Basil and the kids were pulling into the driveway, Grumpy (Basil's Dad, for those that don't know) drove up and told Basil about a hawk that had a brain fart and flew into their house. It was still on their front porch, dazed and confused. Naturally he loaded the kids up and hurried over to see it.
Holy rabies, Batman! I know, it was my first thought too. "What if it had freaked out and pecked their eyes out or something?!" HELLO! Since they did in fact come home with their eyeballs in their sockets, I didn't fret too much about it. Jacob and Jonah being Jacob and Jonah, they just had to get a picture with it. Emmy was too scared (too smart, in other words) to get close enough for a picture. We went back later and Basil put some gloves on and picked it up so the kids could "pet" it. Wonder where the boys get it?!
I may have flung myself off of my Mom's treadmill this weekend, but at least I didn't run into a house and knock myself unconscious. Things could be worse.
2 comments:
And it would have been bird flu, not rabies. :P
So birds never get rabies, you learn something new every day. Next time I'll Google BEFORE I post. :P Holy bird flu Batman just doesn't have the same ring to it though.
Post a Comment