Stories from life at the Smith House

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Monsters may be ugly, but monsters need love too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How cute was that?! She got into her program way more than the boys have ever gotten into any of theirs. She's been beside herself with excitement all week, looking forward to her "cradeeation" program.
Proud of being the "Y-Z girl."


Here she is throwing down her gang sign. "First Baptist Church Port Neches, y'all better recognize!" Or something like that.


With her "diploma."

She was so excited to see everybody.

She's really starting to look a little drunk by this time. This was at about 2pm and by 3pm she had lots of fever. Totally came out of nowhere! A friend of hers went to the doctor today and she has strep. They played together Wednesday. Lots, mind you. Crap.

I took this cute picture of them as we went to her class to get her backpack.


She came home with a folder today, sort of a journal that they kept throughout the year in her class. It's awesome. Here is some of what's in it:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


9/9/08

I am 4 years old today.


My favorite color is pink and purple.


My favorite food is chips and cheese dip.


I am happy when I get to play with my brothers.


When I grow up I want to be in the doctors office and be a nurse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/20/09

I like to play in the snow in the winter. Me and my brothers made a snowman. I would like to make snow angels. We had hot chocolate with marshmallows.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2/12/09

I love my Mom because she washes dishes and vacuums the living room and she makes cookies for my class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2/26/09

I smile when...my dad tickles me. I smile when my brothers play with me. I smile when I go to the library. I smile when I paint stuff. Baking cookies with my Mom makes me smile and making cupcakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The preschool program at FBC Port Neches is top notch. Her teachers go above and beyond and I'm so glad we were lead that way when choosing a preschool for her. They've really helped to get her ready for kindergarten. Thanks Mrs. Brenda and Mrs. DeLisa! Y'all are awesome!

1 comment:

Gamaw said...

That is such a good post! Their preschool program is awesome alright, she has grown up so much, too much in fact!