Stories from life at the Smith House

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pickin' and grinnin'

We took the kids to pick blueberries Sunday. It was a first for them (and me) and they had a blast.
Caleb tasting some, he wasn't impressed.
Although I'm sure they taste better if you try them before they've been rolled in the dirt and stepped on. I'm just sayin'.
There was this little pond there and the guy said that it was full of big frogs and turtles. The boys immediately lost interest in the blueberries and went on the hunt for a big frog. You know, the kind that takes two hands to hold.
After much searching, they did in fact find a frog.
.
.
.
Wait for it....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Not really the size they were looking for, but a frog nonetheless.
Some of the more "nature-y" shots from the day:

3 comments:

Lea Holcomb said...

Oh, if I could only type how hard I'm laughing....Thanks!! I needed that! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the frog. Umm what happened to the bird?? Is it finally gone or is it now a house pet?>

Nikki said...

No it's gone, it finally flew away. :D