Stories from life at the Smith House

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Christmas train comes to town

We've gone to see the Christmas train several times in the past but I don't think any were as anticipated as this year. I'm not sure we went, or if it was even around when Jacob and Jonah were train crazy. We went two years ago when it was in Beaumont and the line was ridiculously long and so we just looked and left. This time there was NOBODY in line and we got to go through it twice with no waiting. I'm sure Caleb would have toured it many more times but it was freaking cold and everybody else was ready to go. It's neat, you climb up in the caboose and walk through 4 or 5 cars that are all decorated for Christmas and that all have model trains running. The kids got to sit on Santa's lap in the first car and got a goodie bag at the last one.



I realize that all of the pictures are of Caleb, but really, the others just sort of blew through it. They liked it, but they didn't have the wonder and awe in their eyes like he did.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That smile is pricless, love the way Caleb's eyes light up! It's going to be a good Christmas!