Stories from life at the Smith House

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where are you Christmas?

Why can't I find you? Is it because you ran away holding your ears? Yeah I know, me too.
*********
If you'll look at the music player at the bottom of the blog, song number 5 is my absolute favorite. It's called "Where are you Christmas" by Faith Hill. Emily calls it "My world is changing" because of one line in the song. It's beautiful, and now it has special meaning because of her. It's the song that plays right before she comes out on stage to do her tiny little part in Whimsical. I loved the song before but now it'll always remind me of the way she is now. Little, innocent, quiet, polite......er, let's just stop at "little," shall we? That's even a relative term considering the growth spurt she's had over the past year. Okay, back to the song. She loves it too, and she knows the words because she hears it at every angel practice that she goes to and it comes on in the car quite a bit, plus I can play it on the computer whenever I want to. She asked me to play it the other night so she could sing, and I grabbed my camera. You'll have to turn the player at the bottom of the page off so that you don't miss any of her singing. Or maybe you might want to miss it.

If you were Christmas, wouldn't you find someplace to hide too? ;) Her laugh is infectious though, you have to at least give her that.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Another priceless moment! Too funny!