Remember last year? Oh the horror. It was a complete disaster. This year, we tried to prepare for it. Basil took them out to the track and had them practice, and I really think that's what made the difference. That and the start time, last year they started at 12:30 and this year it was 8:30. It was cloudy and breezy this year and blazing hot with NO wind last year. They did GREAT this time around, zero crying and no walking! Jonah ran first and finished in 9 1/2 minutes, give or take. Jacob finished in a little over 8 minutes!! Basil had his stopwatch (haha) and he kept saying "you'd better slow down boy or be able to keep up that pace!" When practicing Jacob was running around an 11 minute mile and Jonah somewhere around 14 or so. I guess running with all of their friends and having people cheer them on amped them up some. I was SO proud of them! They have something at school where if you run the mile in under a certain time you get "presidential" and I have NO idea what that means but the boys were excited to find out that they both ran fast enough to get it.
*******************************
Jonah and his friend Gavin waiting their turn to go:
Almost done!
Finishing strong.
Whew, done!
Jacob waiting his turn:
The teachers letting him know that he had two laps to go:
At the finish. This picture makes it look like he was hurting, but he never complained.
Can you stop with the pictures Mom? I'm trying to catch my breath!
Emmy will have to do it next year, and she'll have that oh so fantastic 12:30 start time. It should be a real trip, because she's not the runnin' kind of girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment