I'm so lame. I didn't even get a "happy birthday" post up this year. To be honest, it just sort of slipped my mind and then Friday was SO busy that I didn't have time. Better late than never, right?!
Opening Wii games that they REALLY wanted:
Jonah went for the bearded dragon, thank GOD because those leopard geckos are UH-GLY!
Jacob had a very specific parakeet in mind. I felt sorry for the poor Petco guy who had to chase it around the cage when they all pretty much look the same. Jacob never took his eye off of the one he wanted though.
Note to self: Get the boy a haircut. For real.
After we got the new critters all set up, we headed to Chuck E Cheese's.

So that's it. It was a really nice and busy day. I thought maybe there might be problems when Thursday night before bed Caleb started talking about birthdays, balloons and cake. The conversation went something like this:
I don't know who had more fun, Caleb or Basil.
-------------------
Caleb: burtday puh-cakes (he calls cupcakes "puh-cakes")
Me: Yes, we'll have birthday cake tomorrow for Jacob and Jonah's birthday.
Caleb: No, Cawub's burtday.
Me: No, it's Jacob and Jonah's birthday. Are you going to sing to them?
Caleb: No it's Cawubs. I wake up I be so happy.
------------------
Then Friday morning he went on about "Cawub's presents" when he saw everything. It ended up being fine though, he sang, ate cake and helped Jacob and Jonah open their things. Whew. There's really no way to explain it to a two year old, I'm glad I didn't have to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment