We join with the MANY people across Texas (and elsewhere) who are devastated by the destruction at "the beach." Hurricane Ike totally effed things up, that's for sure. Our family cabin is no more, all that's left are the numbers from the address on a thin piece of wood stuck to the poles. I have such sweet memories from there, really the only vacation spot I (and my kids) have ever known. Jonah cried when we told him that it was gone, Emmy keeps mentioning the waterslide and the Big Store, she just doesn't understand. It's hard for even adults to understand, the power of water is amazing.
Before:

After:
You have to look really close to see (click on the picture to enlarge it) but if you look right between the telephone poles, you'll see what I'm pointing at. The sad little piece of wood with 965 on it. That's all that's left. :(

I'll be making a few more beach cabin posts in the next few days as I gather up some of my favorite pictures from over the years with my kids, and Mom is going to dig some of hers out from WAY back. We'll never forget all of the good times we had there and we'll miss it like crazy. Maybe we can rebuild one day but it'll never be the same.
3 comments:
Love reading your blogs. I work with Boss at the hospital and I am so sorry for your family's loss. Hopefully you guys can pick up where you left off sometime soon. On the other hand, you are usually cracking me up when I visit here, keep it up.
Kami
jqNik, Sorry about the cabin! I didn't think y'all still had it and to think of all the times we could've gotten together at the beach. My parents cabin is still standing. It is in Emerald I...hwy front...but I guess now you could say 3rd row from beach. Just devestation. My kids like yours just don't understand why we can't get down there! I know it will be years before it gets back to what it was but it will. You can't live this close to the coast and not have a place to hang out at right?! Oh yeah LOVED the pics of you and Becca way back when...too cute!!!
it was suppose to say Hey Nik! Stupid slow computers!!!
Post a Comment